How I can help




Tel: 01670 852494



Tel: 02072197177 




Write to Ian: 7 Esther Court, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 8AP



I am always happy to help constituents with casework or to hear about an issue that they are concerned about.

However, there are times when I am not able to help with certain issues. I am unable to intervene in private disputes between individuals, decisions made by the courts or in the functions of a local authority; for example dustbins, street cleaning, housing repairs or tenancy matters.

For local authority matters, please contact your local councillor. If you are unsure who your local councillor is, go to


What I can do is help with matters that relate to central government. This includes Inland Revenue, Immigration, Health (including the NHS and hospitals), Education (but not individual matters within schools), the Department for Work and Pensions and Prisons. This isn’t an exhaustive list, and my helpful and friendly staff will try to direct you to the best place to contact if you aren’t sure of who to contact.


Most cases are dealt with by the team in the constituency office, who handle cases from first contact and have extensive local knowledge. If you would like to see one of my caseworkers regarding your case, they will be happy to make an appointment either in my office or as a home visit.


The time taken to resolve issues will vary dependent on the complexity of each individual case. However all matters are treated with the strictest confidentiality.


You can find out more about my work on the Parliament website, and my voting record is available on the They Work for You website.